Yes! We currently support Payoneer as an accepted payment method.
How do I activate Payoneer as a payment method?
- From your Gelato Dashboard, click on Billing > Payment > Methods > Add new payment method
- Click on Payoneer at the bottom (shown below)
- Add your Payoneer credentials or create a new account. Then click Save.
How does it work?
When you place an order we will send a payment request to your Payoneer account and try to charge the amount in the same currency if, at the time of payment, there are not enough funds on that specific Payoneer currency balance, we will try any other available balance and charge the first one which has enough funds.
Make sure you keep enough Payoneer balance in the currency you use the most to avoid exchange rate fees.
You can always check your balance directly in your Payoneer account. You will also be able to see, in the transaction history, a charge 'Payment to Gelato' whenever you to-up your wallet (in case you use Gelato wallets).
If you want to add credit to your wallet just select the currency wallet, enter the amount you want to add, and select Payoneer as a payment method. Read more on how to add credit to your wallet here.
Example of the payment process:
- An order is placed in EUR
- Gelato sends the payment request to Payoneer
- The corresponding Payoneer currency balance (in this case EUR) has enough funds: the order is paid
- The corresponding Payoneer currency balance (EUR) does not have enough funds: Gelato will send the same request to USD, GBP, or another available balance and charges the first one which has enough funds.
Payoneer will charge exchange rate fees.