Print on demand (or POD) is a process where you work with a supplier (like Gelato) to customize products with your own designs and sell them on a 'per-order' basis. In this business model, a customer browses a creator's ecommerce store and places an order, then a supplier handles the entire fulfillment process from printing to shipping.
Why print on demand with Gelato?
- Minimal investment: Gelato is free to use, no minimum orders or leftover stock. Because the products are made on demand, you only pay for what you sell.
- No inventory.
Scalability: We produce your products on demand and in 100+ locations worldwide — reaching your customers faster, while reducing waste, costs, and carbon emissions.
- Simplicity: customer browses your store and places an order, Gelato handles the entire fulfillment process, from printing to shipping.
- Customer support 24/7
In simple steps:
- Create an account and connect your store to Gelato.
- Publish your products and start selling.
- Gelato takes care of the production and delivery of the order.
Read more in our Resource Center