Please note, that the Amazon integration is currently in beta for a closed group of merchants only.
To add new products you need a GTIN number, if you don’t have GTIN, you can also apply for GTIN exemption through their Seller Central account. Read on how to do so here.
When a product is published from the Gelato dashboard. It may take up to a few hours for the product to appear in the seller's central account. It may take an additional 24 hours for the mockup images to appear in the seller central account.
There are two ways to add your products to Seller Central:
Add a Product (one by one)
- Go to Catalog > Add a Product > click 'I am adding a product not sold on Amazon' and enter the product details.
- If there is no product ID (bar code, UPC, EAN, JAN, or ISBN) on your product or the packaging, you can apply for a GTIN exemption to add your products without the product ID.
- After you receive a GTIN exemption, wait 30 minutes before listing your products.
- When you are ready to add listings, click 'I am adding a product not sold on Amazon' and select the exact product type in which a GTIN exemption has been approved.
- Begin adding the brand name for which you have the exemption. After you add a valid brand name, the Product ID field will not be highlighted in red, which means that it is optional.
- Fill in the product-related information. Fields highlighted in red are required. If needed, select the Advanced View option at the top right to add other required details. After the mandatory attributes are filled in, Save and Finish at the bottom will change from grey to teal.
If you want to create multiple product listings at the same time, you can do so using inventory file templates. These templates are tab-delimited text files (.txt) that include all of the information that you need to list the products on Amazon.
For a newly registered seller, it might take 90 minutes or more after registering in order to list products for sale on Amazon.
Add Products via Upload (bulk upload)
- Go to Catalog > Add products Via Upload > Click the Get Product Template to List Products that are not currently in Amazon's catalog tab.
- Select the store under Go to generate a template by Marketplace.
- Go to the Search tool section and type the product type that you want to list.
- As of now, only fashion jewelry does not require a UPC exemption.
- After you have selected all your relevant nodes, click the type of template you want to generate and click Generate Template.
- Alternatively, if you want to fill in a category-specific downloadable file, download the required category file by clicking this link. Remember to fill in the product feed type and leave the Product ID and Product ID Type column blank in the downloadable file. The brand name entered should be the same as the brand name used to get a GTIN exemption.