Welcome to Gelato API!
In this guide, you will find the most important information to get started if you want to integrate with our APIs.
If you want to start using Gelato without doing a full integration with our APIs, please refer to this guide instead.
In this article:
- Technical documentation
- API Portal
- Design requirements and product mapping
- Exploring products and prices
- Additional information
1. Technical documentation
Start by reviewing our technical documentation available here.
Important: It is essential that your technical team responsible for the integration is fully aware of this and all the different requirements. Also, review this periodically as we might update it and/or add more functionalities.
2. API Portal
The API Portal is the "control panel" for your Gelato API experience. It contains detailed information about the products that our global network supports (including pricing) and gives you full control over the orders placed through Gelato API.
3. Design requirements and product mapping
Please familiarize with our design requirements and make sure that the files you submit are following our guidelines as this will ensure optimal print results.
4. Exploring products and prices
If you want to know what products we support, their specifications, the geographical limitations and the prices per country and quantity, please refer to the product catalogue available in our API Portal. Additional information on products and design can be found here.
Note: Shipping prices are live as they depend on the shipping methods available in each country at the moment you place the order, hence you will not find them in the API Portal. For more information on how to determine shipping prices, please read here.
Once you are ready to start testing, please generate a key and put this key to X-API-KEY header of your HTTP requests. You will be able to test the following:
- Request a quote
- Place a test order - Note: Orders will be automatically cancelled and not shipped.
- Check the order status - Note: This call will always return Cancelled status in Sandbox.
- and more...
Note: You can also start requesting quotes and placing test orders before the integration on your side is completed using the API Portal. This will allow you to get an initial understanding of the information required, how to correctly match files with the right product UID and the responses you might get.
If you use a key in your Live environment, you will be able to get the orders shipped and delivered to the address provided and test the end-to-end flow.
6. Additional information
- FAQ: The answers to the most common questions our customers have during (and after) the integration
- Shipping: The most important information around shipping
- Customer service: A detailed description of our customer service process and the kind of information we need from you