Placing a manual order via the Gelato Dashboard is the perfect first step before you integrate with your ecommerce store. For example, this can be useful in case you want to place test orders.
Different ways to start a manual order
There are 4 different ways to place a manual order:
- From the Dashboard home page, you can click on New Order
- From the Orders section, you can click on New Order or +Create Product > Place an order
- From the Product Catalog, you can find the product you want and add it to your order
- From all Dashboard sections use the button +Create Product > Place an order
Add a product
The following steps explain how to place an order using the first two options. From the home page, click on New Order then Add Product. You are then shown 3 options:
You can create a new product from scratch by selecting Choose from Catalog, use one of the templates you previously created, or pick up a product from the store by clicking on Select an existing product from your e-commerce store
Please note that this 3rd option is shown only if you have already connected your store to Gelato.
Let’s create a product from our catalog.
- Select a product category, e.g. Framed Posters, and then choose a product, e.g. Classic Matte Paper Wooden Framed Poster.
- Then customize your product by choosing between the available attributes. The customizable attributes vary depending on the product category, e.g., in this case, I can select the format, the orientation, and the frame color. Let’s pick a 30x40cm horizontal with a black frame.
- You can now see the price for the product (which is the same for all countries worldwide for most products), the price for shipping to different areas (we do offer flat shipping rates for most products) as well as additional attributes and product characteristics.
At this point, you have 2 options to upload your design:
- You can either create your design from scratch using our editor, by clicking on the button Start designing, and upload a picture. The main advantage of the editor is that you are able to resize and move the picture once is uploaded, you can add text, and much more.
- Alternatively, you can directly upload a PDF or image file (e.g. PNG or JPEG) if your file is print-ready, which means that it does have to have the right dimensions, as you won’t be able to resize it afterward. In this case, click on the 3 dots next to the Start designing button and select Upload print file.
For this example, let’s click on Start Designing.
- Here you can add a new picture (or text box) by using the Add New button and uploading a picture from your computer, Google Photos, Facebook, or Instagram. In this example, I am going to add a picture from my computer.
- Once the picture is uploaded, you can add it to your design by clicking on the 'plus' button, adjusting it, adding text, and more. Once you are satisfied, you can proceed with your order.
Review your order details
On this page, select the quantity, define a retail price - if you want - (which is the price you charge your customer), select the currency, then click on Continue to shipping.
Here you will need to add the shipping address where you want this delivered to and, optionally, the order number, which will be used to identify your order.
Then click Calculate Shipping to show the available shipping methods for that address, including the estimated delivery date and price.
Once you select the shipping method, you can add the retail price for this too - which is how much you will charge your customers for shipping - and then click on Continue to review
The last thing you need to do is to select the payment method among the ones available. You can also add a valid payment method if this is your first time placing an order, like in this case.
Finally, once you have selected the payment method, press Pay securely to complete the payment and place your order.