One of the most critical steps of the integration with Gelato API is to map the products you intend to print with our product UIDs. Our product catalogue is the perfect starting point as it contains a list of all the different products we offer, including their characteristics (see screenshot below). The list can be filtered based on specific attributes and exported.
Select the product category
The first thing to do is to define which product category you want to print, e.g. business cards, posters, cards, brochures, etc.
Apply filters to narrow down your search
Once you define the product category, you can apply several filters to narrow down your search to the specific products that are relevant for you.
E.g. Of all the business cards you might be interested only in a specific format (BB = 90x50mm) with uncoated paper, printed in colours on both sides and with horizontal (landscape) artwork orientation - in such case, your final selection would look like this:
Export your selection
To simplify the mapping, you can export your selection to csv using the dedicated button.
Remember that the file you submit should include 4 mm bleed on all sides as per our design requirements.
The file you submit will be 96.90 x 58.80 mm, i.e. BX (88.90 x 50.80 mm) plus 4 mm bleed on all sides. An example of product UID for this file is: cards_pf_bx_pt_130-lb-cover-coated-silk_cl_4-4_hor
The file you submit will be 93.00 x 63.00 mm, i.e. BD (85.00 x 55.00 mm) plus 4 mm bleed on all sides. An example of product UID for this file is: cards_pf_bd_pt_350-gsm-coated-silk_cl_4-4_hor
Please note that the availability of protection will depend on the specific product selected.
- cards_pf_bb_pt_350-gsm-coated-silk_cl_4-0_hor will be printed on one side without protection
- cards_pf_bb_pt_350-gsm-coated-silk_cl_4-4_hor will be printed on both sides without protection
- cards_pf_bb_pt_350-gsm-coated-silk_cl_4-0_ct_matt-protection_prt_1-0_hor will be printed on one side with matte protection on one side
- cards_pf_bb_pt_350-gsm-coated-silk_cl_4-4_ct_glossy-protection_prt_1-1_hor will be printed on both sides with glossy protection on both sides
Format (flat vs folded)
Please note that the format referenced in the product UID always refers to the final product after folding. For example:
- Final product: A5 single-folded brochure in portrait orientation (below in blue)
- File you submit: A4 flat in landscape orientation (below in grey)
- Product UID: brochures_pf_a5_pt_350-gsm-coated-silk_cl_4-4_ft_fold-ver_ver
- Note that each product has different paper options available. You may also need to select different paper configurations depending on the country where you are printing the files - i.e. USA, Canada and a few other countries work with the imperial standard "lb" while most of the other countries work with the metric standard "gsm". Examples:
- cards_pf_bb_pt_350-gsm-coated-silk_cl_4-0_ct_matt-protection_prt_1-1_hor for Germany
- cards_pf_bb_pt_130-lb-cover-coated-silk_cl_4-0_ct_matt-protection_prt_1-1_hor for the United States
If you are looking for folded products (either single- or multi-folded), this has to be specified as part of the product UID. We offer both horizontal and vertical folding. Please refer to the following examples for more information.
- Vertical folding, vertical artwork orientation (e.g. folded-flyers_pf_a5_pt_170-gsm-coated-silk_cl_4-4_ft_fold-ver_ver)
In this case, you will submit a PDF in A4 landscape (horizontal) which will be folded vertically (ft_fold-ver). The final product will be a folded A5 document with vertically-oriented artwork (_ver).
- Horizontal folding, horizontal artwork orientation (e.g. folded-flyers_pf_a5_pt_170-gsm-coated-silk_cl_4-4_ft_fold-hor_hor)
In this case, you will submit a PDF in A4 portrait (vertical) which will be folded horizontally (ft_fold-hor). The final product will be a folded A5 document with horizontally-oriented artwork (_hor).