Gelato print and shipping network
Gelato offers local production in 30 countries thanks to our network of 100+ print partners and we automatically route orders using an advanced algorithm, taking into account multiple factors. Around 95% of our orders are produced locally, thus reducing carbon emissions!
Most of the times, the algorithm chooses the closest print partner to the shipping location, but rarely it will be routed to a print partner in another country and shipped internationally. When we need to ship internationally, we can deliver to more than 200 countries and territories thanks to our network of 30+ shipping partners.
Note: Customs fees may apply based on local regulations when we ship internationally across borders. We recommend informing your customers that customs fees might apply.
This automated routing system allows great flexibility to handle supply chain disruptions. At the same time, it means that it's not possible to choose where your orders will be produced for us to ensure the entire shipping process is smooth, automated and fast - most of our orders are delivered within 72 hours!
Note: Please note that having production capabilities in a specific country doesn't necessarily mean that a product will be printed in that country, due to technical or logistical limitations.
You can get quotes on live shipping cost and time from the Gelato Dashboard by placing an order or simply by exploring our Product Catalogue which provides information on the shipping cost for each product.
We offer flat shipping rates on most products, which means that you have the same price in all countries within a specific geographical area.
The delivery time is determined by multiple factors, including but not limited to:
- The product ordered
- The print location
- The destination country
- The size of the order
- The status of the network
- The shipping method selected
Most packages are delivered 72 hours after the order has been placed and confirmed, but this may vary. An overview of our average delivery times per country can be also found here.
If you want to get a more accurate estimation, you can place an order and see the estimated delivery dates for specific shipping methods.
Please bear in mind that the estimated delivery date includes:
- Fulfilment time: the time to create your products, which depends on the product.
- Shipping time: the time to deliver from the print partner to the delivery address, which depends on production country, delivery country, shipping method selected, the status of the network, and other factors.
Important: The estimated delivery dates are indicative and are subject to change.
Providing correct shipping information will ensure that the orders are delivered smoothly.
Please bear in mind the following:
- Shipping addresses for China, Russia, Japan and South Korea must be added in the local language due to shipping partners' requirements. For some fields, a limited number of Latin characters is allowed.
- The fields have a character limit (different for each field) - this is due to shipping partners' requirements. It is not possible to exceed the limit because this would not fit on the shipping label.
- For Brazil, there are some additional requirements needed to comply with local tax regulations.
We provide a combination of local and international shipping options. You can see what shipment methods are available when placing an order.
In most countries, we offer the option to choose between Standard/Economy and Express shipping:
- Standard/Economy is a delivery service for mail that is too heavy for a normal letter post. Delivery time for domestic standard parcel delivery normally takes between 2-4 days.
- Express Services are processed by the shipping company as a priority as it is time-sensitive: delivery is expedited. When delivery time is critical, we recommend opting for Express delivery.
Based on our experience shipping millions of orders worldwide and supported by our customer feedback, we have defined the most efficient and damage-resistant ways to package our products to ensure compliance with local shipping requirements as well as the lowest damage rate. More information can be found here.
Note: We currently do not offer custom or branded packaging. At the same time, your name will be visible as the sender on the shipping label.
The answers to your most frequently asked questions on shipping can be found here.