In 2019 Brazil implemented a new requirement for the delivery of goods. It is now mandatory to include federal and state tax details when shipping a product to this country.
New parameters to be included for every order are the following:
- Business Address: Here is where you define if the recipient of the order is a private person or a business
- CPF or CNPJ: Here you will provide the tax ID depending on your previous answer (CNPJ or CPF)
- Shipping to a person: Every person in Brazil has a tax number called "CPF" or "Cadastro de Pessoas Físicas" (11 numbers XXX.XXX.XXX-XX).
- Shipping to a company: Every company in Brazil has a tax number called "CNPJ" or "Cadastro Nacional da Pessoa Jurídica" (14 numbers XX.XXX.XXX/XXXX-XX).
- State Tax ID: You only need to populate this parameter if the recipient is a company. Companies in Brazil have 2 tax IDs, federal and state.
- Registration State Code: You only need to populate this parameter if the recipient is a company. This is to include the state where the company (recipient) is registered.