You can add Gelato products to your Etsy store in minutes! Here are the steps to follow.
Note: In order to add Gelato products to your Etsy store, you will first need to connect the two. You can read more about this here.
If you already have existing products on your Etsy store, please see here.
If you don't have any existing listing in Etsy and want to add products directly from Gelato to your Etsy store, just go to Gelato Dashboard > Stores and select your Etsy store, then click on "Add product" and follow the process.
Important: The products are added as a draft. This is done so that Etsy won't charge you until you are sure that you really want to publish that product.
Tip: Did you know, that you can get 1:1 help from our Onboarding Specialists,
when setting up your Etsy store and getting first sales?
You can reach out to us via email firstname.lastname@example.org,
or schedule a free 30-min video call with one of the team members.
Adding Gelato products to Etsy
1. First, connect your Etsy store to Gelato.
2. Go to Stores and choose your Etsy store. Then click on Add product - this will take you to our Product Catalog where you will find all the products and product combinations we offer.
3. Select a product category, e.g. "Framed posters". Then select the product you want to add, e.g. "Classic Matte Paper Wooden Framed Poster"
4. You will then be shown all the variations that are available for this specific product on the left. Let's say, for example, that you want to make your design available in 2 variations, both horizontal and with a black frame: 30x40cm and 50x70cm. The selected variations are now shown on the right.
5. Then upload your design by clicking on Add new > Add image. You can browse your computer for an image. Once the image is uploaded it will appear in your Gallery. Just click on it to add it to your product.
6. You can further customize the design of your file according to your needs. You can use the menu on the top the make changes.
7. You can add multiple images or text or even use some of our layouts. From the menu on the right, you can also decide whether you want to apply the same changes to all the variants you selected or only to some of them. This is very helpful if you are adding variants that are very different from each other and might require individual adjustments. Once you are happy with your design, click on Continue.
8. On the next page, you can choose how you want these products to be displayed on your Etsy store. Gelato offers a wide range of scenes you can choose from to make your designs look stunning and realistic in your store.
9. At the top, you can select the different mockup styles. At the bottom, you will see how these styles are applied to the variations you are uploading. You can choose what the main product image is going to be as well as the mockup style used for the variations.
10. You can choose whether to add the mockups as PNGs - which are bigger but transparent files - or JPGs - which are smaller and will make your pages load faster. More info on mockups can be found here.
11. On the next page, you will be able to specify the product details, including the following:
- Product title and description to show to your customers - By default, you will see the product name and description as in our product catalogue
- Tags to add to this product
- Select whether the product should be published directly or added in draft
- Offer free shipping for this product - in this case, the product will be automatically assigned to a free shipping profile
Then click on Continue.
12. The last thing to do before you publish this product to your Etsy store is to define the retail price you want to sell it for. On this page, you will see both the Gelato price (which is what Gelato will charge you for this product) as well as the recommended retail price (which is what we suggest you charge your customers for this product). You can always change the profit using the dedicated controls. Once you are happy with the prices, don’t forget to publish the product by clicking Publish at the top-right corner.
13. If you go back to Etsy and click on Listings, you will find the product you just published.
Note: The products are added as a draft. This is done so that Etsy won't charge you until you are sure that you really want to publish that product.
14. Your product is now available to be purchased from your Etsy store. Let the orders flow and Gelato will take care of printing and shipping to your customer!
Important: Please ensure NOT to change the SKU value for the connected products in your Etsy Shop Manager as this will break the connection with our integration.
Duplicating Gelato products in the dashboard
If you created products via the Gelato dashboard and want to offer similar products with different artwork/formats, you can simply duplicate them. Click on the three dots next to the product and select Duplicate. Once duplicated, the product is created as a Draft which can be reviewed, edited, and then published to your store. You can learn more details here.