The order approval functionality allows you to upload custom designs after your customers place an order. This is the perfect feature if you are selling customized designs through your Shopify store!
Important: Only the orders for products that have been connected to Gelato will go through this flow. Please ensure that your store is connected and that your products are added to Gelato (if you don't have any products) or migrated to Gelato (if you already have products).
Setting up manual order approval
- Go to Stores
- Select your store and then Edit store details
- Change order approval from Automatic to Manual
By selecting Manual, each and every order will need to be approved before it is sent to print, which means that orders can be edited (e.g. you can upload your customer's customized design) before they are submitted to Gelato to be fulfilled.
Approving an order
In order to approve an order, please follow the steps below.
1. Once the order has been placed and synced with Gelato, retrieve your order from the Orders tab in your account. The order is in status "Pending approval". Click on the order to see the order detail page.
2. On the order detail page, you can review the order details and click on "Approve" to customize and proceed with the order.
3. In the next step, just click on the 3 dots next to the file you need to customize and then select "Change file" or "Edit file" (the option displayed will depend on how the original file was created) and follow the wizard to add your customized design.
4. Click on "Continue to shipping" and follow the normal flow to place the order. For more info on placing manual orders via the Dashboard, please see here.
Important:If you want to use Automatic approval, please make sure that your company details are added to the Gelato Dashboard (Settings >>Company), otherwise the order will go to "Pending approval" step.