Offering posters with and without frames in your Shopify store is a great way to give your end-customers the maximum flexibility in terms of choice.
Currently, it is not possible to add posters with and without frames directly when you create a new product in Gelato. Good news is that there is an easy way to make it happen!
- Go to your Gelato API Dashboard > Stores and select the Shopify store for which you want to offer posters with and without frames
- Create the product in Gelato, e.g. poster only in 3 variants (30x40cm, 50x70cm and 70x100cm), and publish these variants to Shopify. Please ensure that you are selecting poster formats that support matching frames.
- In Shopify, go to Products > All products and click on the product you just created
- Scroll down to the Variants section and click on More options > Edit options. Then add an option for all variants called e.g. “Frame” and put “No frame” as default value.
- Select the existing variants and duplicate them as many times as the frame options you want to add. E.g. if you want to offer your 3 poster variants with black, white, natural wood or no frames, you will end up with 12 variants in total
- Once the new variants are created in Shopify, go back to Gelato and connect the variants to “Framed posters” in Gelato
- Please note that the price of the new variants with frames is not updated. Hence, you will need to do that manually after the new variants are connected to Gelato.
- When creating the new variants, you won’t be able to add mockups for these.