Offering posters with and without frames in your Shopify store is a great way to give your end-customers the maximum flexibility in terms of choice.
Currently, it is not possible to add posters with and without frames directly when you create a new product in Gelato. Good news is that there is an easy way to make it happen!
- Go to your Gelato API Dashboard > Stores and select the Shopify store for which you want to offer posters with and without frames
- Create the product in Gelato, e.g. poster without frame in 3 variants (30x40cm, 50x70cm and 70x100cm), and publish these variants to Shopify. Please ensure that you are selecting poster formats that support matching frames.
- In Shopify, go to Products > All products and click on the product you just created
- Scroll down to the Variants section and click on More options > Edit options. Then add an option for all variants called e.g. “Frame” and put “No frame” as default value.
Important: Don't forget to click "Save" before moving to the next step!
- Select the existing variants and duplicate them as many times as the frame options you want to add. E.g. if you want to offer your 3 poster variants with black, white, natural wood or no frames, you will end up with 12 variants in total
- Once the new variants are created in Shopify, go back to Gelato and connect the variants to “Framed posters” in Gelato
Note: Please note that the price of the new variants with frames is not updated. Hence, you will need to do that manually after the new variants are connected to Gelato.
Important: When creating the new variants, you won’t be able to add mockups for these.