Easily transfer your designs to new products in seconds ! The product expansion tool is unique to Gelato and available to Shopify and Etsy users . Offering premium alternatives from different product categories can help increase your average order value and conversion rate.
How it works
- Select a product in your Shopify or Etsy store in the Gelato dashboard and click the 'Expand Product' button on the upper right-hand side corner. Next, choose which product types you want to expand into.
- Now you can choose to add mockups to your new variants and select which scene to use for each new product type.
- In the next step, you can use our Set Prices tool to set prices for your products.
- On the next page, you will see all the new variants that will be created as well as the summary of the product.
- Make sure that you review the changes and selections for your product, and then simply press Continue. Once the process is complete, your products are published to your Shopify or Etsy store.
During the mockup step and after your new products are published, we recommend that you check them out to make sure the design fit is in line with your needs. You can use the Edit function to make changes if needed after the product is published.
E nsure the design file has a high enough resolution for the selected products and sizes. We recommend a minimum of 150 dpi.
The product expansion feature also offers the option to list different types of products as a single item in the product listing or as separate ones, providing greater control over inventory management and a better shopping experience for your customers.
This tool is available to Gelato+ and Gold customers. Users with no premium subscriptions may still try the feature by uploading 5 designs before deciding to subscribe to Gelato+ to continue using it.
Feature updates (from April 24th, 2023):
- Publish products as individuals by default. We've added the checkbox 'Publish selected products as variants'. Please checkmark this box if you would like to have the new products as variants of the main product.
- You can now expand the same product multiple times
- We've improved the preview quality on the product selection page
- Improved structure of product variant options
Feature updates (from May 15th, 2023)
- Automatic product variant selection & automatic artwork adjustment. The update provides automatic product variant selection for products similar to the first edited one (per product category) for which merchants select desirable formats, frame colors, or other attributes that are relevant to a specific product. All design adjustments made for the first edit product (per product category) are automatically applied to similar products once they are selected.
- Default artwork placement for apparel products. Now, horizontal artworks are placed 15% from the top of the printing area instead of being vertically middle aligned.
Feature updates (from May 26th, 2023)
- Show warning before exiting publisher flow. A pop-up window to warn you about the progress not being saved if you are about to close the page
- The “Use a template” option was to the order flow when adding a product. See below:
Feature updates (from August 18th, 2023):
- An edit and automatic translation feature for your variants was added, it can quickly translate product option titles and values. Simply use the 'Edit product options' button and select a language you would like to translate the option to. You also have the option to edit the name to your preference.
Feature updates (from September 4th, 2023):
- You can now conveniently configure tags and collections within Gelato Publisher, making the process consistent with other workflows.