You can add Gelato products to your SquareSpace store or connect your already existing products in minutes! Here are the steps to follow.
Connecting existing SquareSpace products to Gelato
Go to your Gelato Dashboard > Stores and click Sync products on the top right
This will sync your products from Squarespace to the Gelato dashboard
Click the product and then connect your product variants with related Gelato products
Adding Gelato products to SquareSpace
1. First, connect your SquareSpace store to Gelato.
2. Go to Stores and choose your SquareSpace store. Then click on Add product - this will take you to our Product Catalogue where you will find all the products and product combinations we offer.
3. Select a product category, e.g. "Framed posters". Then select the product you want to add, e.g. "Classic Matte Paper Wooden Framed Poster"
4. You will then be shown all the variations that are available for this specific product on the left. Let's say, for example, that you want to make your design available in 2 variations, both horizontal and with a black frame: 30x40cm and 50x70cm. The selected variations are now shown on the right.
5. Then upload your design by clicking on Add new > Add image. You can browse your computer for an image. Once the image is uploaded it will appear in your Gallery. Just click on it to add it to your product.
6. You can further customize the design of your file according to your needs. You can use the menu on the top the make changes.
7. You can add multiple images or text or even use some of our layouts. From the menu on the right, you can also decide whether you want to apply the same changes to all the variants you selected or only to some of them. This is very helpful if you are adding variants that are very different from each other and might require individual adjustments. Once you are happy with your design, click on Continue.
8. On the next page, you can choose how you want these products to be displayed on your SquareSpace store. Gelato offers a wide range of scenes you can choose from to make your designs look stunning and realistic in your store.
9. At the top, you can select the different mockup styles. At the bottom, you will see how these styles are applied to the variations you are uploading. You can choose what the main product image is going to be as well as the mockup style used for the variations.
10. You can choose whether to add the mockups as PNGs - which are bigger but transparent files - or JPGs - which are smaller and will make your pages load faster. More info on mockups can be found here.
11. On the next page, you will be able to specify the product details, including product title and description. Then click on Continue.
12. The last thing to do before you publish this product to your SquareSpace store is to define the retail price you want to sell it for. On this page, you will see both the Gelato price (which is what Gelato will charge you for this product) as well as the recommended retail price (which is what we suggest you charge your customers for this product). You can always change the profit using the dedicated controls. Once you are happy with the prices, don’t forget to publish the product by clicking Publish at the top-right corner.
Important: Please note that it might take some time for your product and product variants images to be visible in your SquareSpace store and Gelato dashboard.
Duplicating Gelato products in the dashboard
If you created products via the Gelato dashboard and want to offer similar products with different artwork/formats, you can simply duplicate them. Click on the three dots next to the product and select Duplicate. Once duplicated, the product is created as a Draft which can be reviewed, edited, and then published to your store. You can learn more details here.