The Product Personalizer Tool, part of Gelato+, allows you to sell products that can be personalized by their customers with custom text, images, clipart, and more in an easy and fun way.
Etsy, WooCommerce, Wix, SquareSpace, and BigCommerce do not currently allow for Gelato's personalization editor to be embedded during the purchase flow.
However, advanced personalization is possible for your customers after placing an order with these platforms!
How does it work?
- Create and publish your products with Advanced Personalization options to your store
- You must have a Gelato+ subscription and the Product Personalization app installed
- Create and publish your personalized product to your store and make it available for purchase
- Your customer purchases the personalizable product
- When your customer goes to the listing page of your personalized product
- They will be informed in the product details that they'll receive an email to personalize the product after placing an order (this message is generated during product creation)
- Your customer completes the order
- Then the order is sent to Gelato for fulfillment
- Gelato receives the order
- Gelato checks if the order includes a personalized product and your customer has not completed the product personalization
- Gelato sends an email with a personalized link to the merchant and sets the order status to "pending personalization"
- You forward the email to your customer and they click the personalization link
- You receive an email with a personalization link and forward it to your customer
- Your customer clicks the personalization link in the email and is sent to a personalization editor with the product to be personalized
- When the customer completes the personalization and clicks the “Complete personalization” button, a Thank You popup is shown to the customer with a close button
- And an internal system notification is sent to Gelato to update the order status
- Gelato receives the internal notification
- Gelato receives the notification that the customer has completed the personalization
- The order status changes from “Pending personalization” to “Pending Approval” for manual approval flow for orders
- For customers with automatic approval workflow, the order is sent to be fulfilled
How can I test this function before releasing a product to my customers?
- Connect your Ecommerce store with Gelato
- Create a personalized product in Gelato and publish to your store as a draft
- Place a test order on from your Ecommerce store dashboard and mark it as paid
- Order will be pushed to Gelato with the status "Pending Personalisation"
- You will receive an email with links to personalization editor
- In the editor, you will be able to try the personalization workflow.
Q: What platforms use this workflow?
A: Etsy, WooCommerce, Wix, Squarespace, BigCommerce
Q: Why can't Gelato send emails directly to my customers?
A: We’re not legally allowed to do so.
Q: When will the email with the link be sent?
A: The Email is sent 15 minutes after receiving an order
Q: Is there a way for the emails to be automatically forwarded to my customer?
A: At the moment, we do not have an option for this. However, in the future, we'll launch an API so that you can create automated email flow in Zapier, Integromate, etc.
Q: What about the orders which contain both non-personalized and personalized products
A: The order status remains as “Pending personalization” and the non-personalized products are not sent for fulfillment until the customer completes the personalization.
Q: Will Gelato fulfill the order if my customer doesn’t complete personalization after the email?
A: No, unless you manually approve the order.
Q: What happens if my customer accesses the link again after completing personalization
A: They will see a message that their product has already been personalized
Q: Does the link expire?
A: Yes, the link expires after 7 days and you will receive another email with a new link
Q: What happens if the customer clicks the expired link?
A: Customer sees a screen with the message that the link is expired.
Q: How does the email template look like?